Dolphin mothers whose babies have died have been photographed in the wild, holding their young above the water and staying with them for days in what scientists believe is a period of mourning. Viewers explore grief and the mourning process in the animal world with a video that discusses elephants', chimpanzees', and crows' behavior when others of their species die.
- Video best fits in a unit on animal behavior
- Pair learners and have them research other instances of animals mourning and share findings with the class
- Video ends at 4:20, and the rest of time is spent discussing related videos, advertising, sponsors, and sharing links
- Video includes high-quality diagrams, images, and other videos
- Content is intriguing for learners
- Further readings found in the description