The universe is littered with planets orbiting their suns. The video instructor outlines different methods scientists use to detect these exoplanets. As an installment of a larger solar system playlist, the video discusses current and past research leading to conclusions about stars and their planets.
- Provide pupils with a graphic organizer to record and explain different methods of detecting planets
- Create collaborative groups and assign a different method to each person in the group to research; have the group create a final product illustrating each method
- Requires a familiarity with planetary orbits
- Incorporates research theories that have been both proven and disproven
- Uses image animations to increase understanding of concepts