This Don't Spill the Beans lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Become a bean counter. Pupils use a fun activity to design and execute an experiment to determine whether they can grab more beans with their dominant hand or non-dominant hand. They use the class data to create scatter plots and then analyze the distributions to make conclusions.
- Collate data from different classes to get a larger sample set
- Activity requires dried beans, a coin, a measuring cup, and a stopwatch
- Learners should be able to create box plots, either by hand or using technology
- Provides an activity sheet with a blank data table
- Lists discussion questions and prompts to use with the class