The dot product of two matrices is a number on the number line, its transformation. The resource presents the dot product as a linear transformation from two dimensions to one dimension. The video uses the numerical and graphical interpretations of vectors to make its point in the tenth installment of a 15-part series.
- Lead a discussion on how one might be able to calculate the projection of one vector onto another
- Verify the claim about the sign of the dot product and the relative orientation of the two vectors
- It may be beneficial if the class already knows how to calculate a dot product
- Introduces new concepts by building upon previous knowledge
- Includes an example to help clarify the concept