This Drawbridge interactive also includes:
Can so much weight be added to a drawbridge that it breaks the chain? Scholars learn about torque, pivot, mass, and center of mass as they answer that question. They vary the bridge length, cart position, cart mass, and cable position to explore the forces at work.
- Connect the lesson to learning about castles, medieval times, or ancient defense systems
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of pivot, forces, and interpreting graphs
- Includes a video walk-through of how to use the simulator
- Provides answers to some of the worksheet questions