Salad dressings use a variety of different ingredients, but it's important to have a healthy balance of greens to create a delicious mix. Young chefs examine five types of herbs including chives, basil, dill, parsley, and thyme to make a tasty, yet healthy, salad dressing. Given specific ingredients, your scientists choose the herbs they want to add to the dressing, making it their own. Of course a taste-test will follow!
- Have your class write out the materials needed and procedures to be completed in their science journals
- Gather materials from your local grocery store before implementing
- Check for specific food allergies of your students
- Engaging hands-on learning activity
- Blends science and nutrition together