This Driver’s Licenses And Unauthorized Immigrants lesson plan also includes:
Should driver's licenses be granted to unauthorized immigrants? That is the question class members grapple with in a lesson that asks them to first read a fact sheet that details the arguments for and against licensing unauthorized immigrants. Using this background information, groups then take on the role of task force members whose job it is to advise their governor to adopt one of six proposals about whether or not undocumented immigrants should be granted driver's licenses or another form of official ID.
- Have groups investigate the current controversies surrounding unauthorized immigration
- Have class members read the article out of class, outline the arguments for and against each issue, and record their response to the two discussion questions for returning for a full class discussion
- Requires multiple copies of multiple pages
- The fifth in a series of 11 related resources designed to be used in order
- The seven-page packet includes a step-by-step plan, the background article, and handouts that detail the six proposals, and a graphic organizer
- No rubric is included for assessing the activity