This Drought and the Dust Bowl lesson plan also includes:
What caused the dust bowl, and should we worry about it happening again? Scholars look at various data to come up with their hypotheses. Then, they experiment to find some of the factors that contributed. Finally, the video has them look at a popular movie about the future and determine what caused that environmental disaster.
- Team teach with history, art, and language arts teachers
- Share photographs or personal records of those that lived through the drought
- Relies on prior knowledge of interpreting graphs and data tables
- Designed for Next Generation Science Standards as well as 4-H standards
- Provides many excellent resources for extending the lesson
- Connects science, history, art, movies, and language arts