This Dust Catchers activity & project also includes:
In class, your emerging environmentalists construct dust catchers. They take them home for a week or two, and then bring them back into class to examine under a magnifier. From this activity, they learn what makes up dust and that apparently clear air may contain various particles. Pupils can draw what they find, take a particle count, and graph the classroom results.
- Fosters learning with home connections
- Dust catcher instructions available in Spanish and English
- Teacher projection slides of dust mites and of dust catcher construction and use
- A reading component and math worksheets are provided
- Part of a larger unit about air