How many trees can your pupils plant? Practice numbers 0-20 with several related activities. For the first, kids match images of trees to numbers. They then match the number symbols to number words, using a word bank. The final activity asks individuals to draw the number of trees that correspond with the given number.
- Create several sets of materials and put kids into small groups to practice matching
- Complete the matching activity in class, and assign one or both of the other exercises for homework
- Play with matching tress on Earth Day or Arbor Day
- Preparing this activity may take some time, as there are 20 tree pieces and 20 number pieces to cut out; consider laminating the cutouts to extend their use and cut down on later prep time
- Includes colorful, high-quality printouts of trees to use for the matching activity
- Comes with a variety of activities that are all related and nicely illustrated
- For the number one, the matching number piece reads "Plant 1 trees" instead of tree