This Earthquakes Living Lab: Geology and Earthquakes in Japan activity & project also includes:
Sometimes it seems as if earthquakes hit the same places over and over again. Class members study Japan in order to determine why earthquakes keep happening there. Pairs work together to research and try to determine whether there are other locations similar to Japan that experience a large volume of earthquakes.
- Have individuals do the same research for other earthquake regions
- Research how scientists are currently trying to predict earthquakes
- Each pair needs access to the Internet in order to complete their research
- The resource includes example answers to open-ended questions in the answer key
- Contains links in both the teacher resource and the worksheet