This Earthquakes Living Lab: The Theory of Plate Tectonics activity & project also includes:
Find out if your class agrees with Ice Age: Continental Drift ... or if it's just a fun family movie! Class members research the theory of continental drift, examine evidence of plate tectonics, connect this information to engineering, and then write an essay on whether they support the theory of continental drift.
- Identify on a map the boundaries of the major plates
- Have the class explain the link among plate tectonics, earthquakes, and volcanoes
- Each group needs access to a computer
- Includes examples of answers, making it easy to compare your pupils' essays
- Both the handout and the teacher resource include links