This EarthViewer interactive also includes:
Almost complete annihilation of the plants and animals on the Earth has occurred at least five times in the past. Young scientists explore each of these events. They learn about the evidence and conclusions for each event and connect what is currently happening and when or if we might expect another mass extinction.
- Discuss whether the next mass extinction on Earth will likely be caused by humans or a natural event
- Debate if humans can prevent or lessen the impact of the causes of previous extinctions
- You can use the interactive online or downloaded onto computers, android, or iPad tablets
- Explore the interactive completely before assigning it, so you can help out if pupils become lost
- Encourages exploration of a topic in a relatable way instead of just reading in a text
- Worksheet guides exploration while leaving many opportunities for in-depth study