This Eastern Europe 1939-45 — Berlin interactive also includes:
The inevitability of World War II has arrived: Berlin has fallen. Young historians watch contemporaneous footage of the event, analyze primary source documents, and write a news report that details the roles of the Soviet, British, French, and American armies in finally ending Germany's reign of terror throughout Europe.
- Allow small groups to use tablets or laptops for each aspect of the task
- Print copies of each document for quick reference when students are planning their news reports
- Requires access to the Internet and the latest version of Flash®
- The first of four lessons on World War II in Eastern Europe
- Encourages learners to use research skills and critical thinking
- Project-based format makes it easy to assign the lesson as either an in-class assignment or homework