Humans, through artificial selection, created a dog that is hypoallergenic, loves water, is good with kids, very smart, and comes in a variety of colors — a labradoodle. Through the analysis of dog breeds, class members explore artificial selection and then move into natural selection. Viewers see the processes of ecological and sexual selection and how these processes provide variation within a population. Finally, the instructor analyzes intersexual versus intrasexual selection.
- Have scholars explore and research other types of artificial selection and share findings with the class
- Video repeats some of the information in video six in this series
- 14th in a series of 18 videos
- Video uses high-quality diagrams and photographs to aid in understanding
- Provides closed captioning, a great tool for all types of learners