Populations, communities, ecosystems, and biospheres are the subject of a video that investigates biomes and reveals that taigas, or boreal forests, are the largest biome, covering 17% of Earth's land surface. Viewers then explore how temperature and water determine the location of biomes before delving into the different types of biomes.
- Show the video to introduce ecology
- Have young scientists compare two biomes and share research with the class
- Video assumes learners understand enzymes
- Last video in a series of 40
- Includes a table of contents so teachers canopt to show only specific segments
- Embedded videos are related to ecology