This Economics of the North and South Before the Civil War video also includes:
How did economic issues lead to war? Viewers watch an AP review video to examine one of the main causes of the American Civil War, the Tariff of Abominations. They examine the issues concerning the economies of the North and South prior to the war. This is the fourth installment of a nine-part series.
- Have students create questions they have about the topic beforehand and see if the video answers them
- Split class into two groups to debate the economic situations in the North and South prior to the Civil War
- Be sure everyone has Internet access at home if assigning as homework
- Excellent video serves as a review or preview of the economic causes of the Civil War
- Video provides opportunities for audio and visual learners
- Does not include any materials to assist with the video or lesson