This Edible Rovers activities & project also includes:
The good thing about building this rover is you get to eat it afterwards. Pairs determine rover parts they want to include in their design based upon their cost and usefulness. The teams design their rovers, build them from edible materials, present their completed design, and explain the major parts.
- Instead of using a price list for parts, use a price list for materials
- Gather candy and food stuffs needed to build the rover
- Create a handout for the materials list that includes the dimensions of the piece of candy or food
- The sixth part in a 13-part series
- The activity requires teams to determine a budget and to stay within that budget in their designs
- The attachments include color graphics to help the class visualize a rover