This Effects of Plate Tectonics activity & project also includes:
Explore our world from within as you lead young scientists on a thrilling adventure. Pupils examine the location of plate boundaries to determine earthquake and volcano distribution around the globe and explore the cause of hot spots in various locations. They investigate the cause of volcanic arcs in relation to plate tectonics and discuss how plate tectonics can affect the continental interior.
- Have the class construct a model of the effects of a volcano or earthquake to display
- Instruct groups to research catastrophic earthquakes and/or volcanoes and report their findings from a list of predetermined topics
- When performing the activity, ensure jar lids are screwed tightly before turning upside down to avoid spilling contents
- Provides opportunity to expand the lesson and relate the topic to issues currently occurring in the environment
- Contains a detailed explanation of plate tectonics and their effects on the Earth's foundation
- Document permissions do not allow for printing