This Efficiency of an Electromechanical System activity & project also includes:
How efficient is a motor in a LEGO set? Future engineers conduct an activity where a LEGO motor-generator system raises an object to a specified height. They then show what they learned and use their measurements to calculate the energy efficiency of the system.
- Have the class extend the activity to determine the energy efficiency of other appliances and systems
- Builds on knowledge from the associated lesson (this is the 20th installment of a 25-part Energy Systems and Solutions unit)
- Activity requires materials, such as a LEGO motor-generator set
- Lists detailed instructions for the activity
- Provides a student worksheet