Why Lesson Planet?
The classic egg-drop experiment gets a new bounce with an activity that asks pairs to design a lander similar to one used to land a rover on Mars within a fixed budget. The activity provides a great introduction to the idea of terminal velocity in action.
- Change up the supply list to adjust the difficulty of the activity; provide more types of materials or allow for parachutes
- Because the internal equipment also must survive the fall, check to see if the yolk breaks even though the egg may survive
- Need a location where pupils can safely drop their designs from the same height
- The 11th installment in a 13-part series
- The activity comes with pre-, post-, and during-assessments
- The number of different materials is limited in the activity