This Einstein and His Times lesson plan also includes:
Scholars research and present on the historical happenings of 1919. After sharing their findings, pupils debate about how Congress dealt with the moral issues of the time. The evaluation asks learners to write a persuasive essay describing whether they believe Einstein should be the Man of the Year.
- Team teach the lesson with a history teacher, as it covers women's suffrage, Prohibition, Treaty of Versailles, and more
- The lesson is most effective after learners know about WWI
- Prior knowledge of how the Person of the Year is selected annually would be helpful
- Lesson follows a 5E format
- Includes both PDF and Doc files of the articles
- Includes a differentiation lesson