This Electoral College lesson plan also includes:
A presidential election is a lot like the 2004 World Series, and it's also a lot like choosing an orange in a paper bag. Apply the process of the electoral college to these two analogies with a set of lessons about government representation and its history in American politics.
- Use in a social studies class when discussing the electoral college, or in a student government club to discuss representation and elections
- Have young historians compare the elections mentioned in the resource to recent (or current) presidential elections
- Some of the primary documents may be hard to read; try finding other versions of the documents if they don't print well
- Prompts scholars to think critically about a process they might not know anything about
- Explains a complicated system with apt metaphors and comparisons
- Comes with a teacher reference resource