This Electric Analogies interactive also includes:
We can see the result of electricity but not the process itself. The simulation compares electric circuits to a water tower and water wheel cycle. Young scientists adjust the height of the tower, the amount of resistance, and if the configuration is in parallel, series, or a single resistor.
- Create circuits in both series and parallel
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of energy transfer, resistance, voltage, and current
- In addition to the on-level worksheet questions, three challenge questions and one community question in the simulation encourage higher-level thinking
- Displays a graph of voltage versus current for each trial