This Electric Field of Dreams interactive also includes:
What is the largest electric field in the world? The world itself! This explains why you use a magnetic compass to determine direction. During the simulation, scholars add charges to their electric field to see how the field reacts. An additional challenge comes in when the simulation adds a background electric field to the current charges.
- Have scholars draw the lines of magnitude and relate the size to the strength
- Runs on Java 1.5.0_15 or later for Windows and Linux computers and on Java 1.5.0_19 or later for Macs
- Simulation best fits after the Electric Field Hockey simulation
- Includes a few teacher-submitted activities for both middle and high school classes
- Provides simplifications of the model in order to differentiate instruction
- Translates the game into 44 different languages