This Electricity and Magnetism lesson plan also includes:
Take charge of your class and provide them with an electrical experience! Individuals investigate the basic principles of electricity and magnetism by creating a model to test electric current and the amount of electricity generated. They collect data and analyze this data during a class discussion after finishing the experiment.
- Take a field trip to a local power plant so the class may gather firsthand knowledge of how electricity is generated
- Assign the class to groups and have each group research alternative electricity sources, including the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Ensure each member of the class takes care when performing the experiment to avoid injury
- Writing prompts allow expansion to further engage the class to research the Law of Conservation of Energy
- Experiment allows pupils to relate the activity to real-life scenarios that affect their local environments