This Electricity: Sources, Usage, Challenges, and the Future lesson plan also includes:
What does the future of energy look like? Junior engineers collaborate to discover a solution to the global energy crisis during a very hands-on lesson. The unit focuses on learning through collaboration to develop a deep understanding of current energy issues and meeting design constraints in engineering.
- Print and distribute the vocabulary list at the beginning of the unit, so pupils use the correct terms as they work with their groups
- Schedule a field trip to a local power plant, if one is nearby
- Make sure you are familiar with the energy resources and energy providers in your area before beginning the lesson plan
- The lesson is adaptable to traditional, block, or modified A-B schedules
- Great activities and superb planning make the resource a go-to for your next NGSS engineering endeavor
- There are a few spelling errors in the Unit Plan teacher's reference