Organic chemistry is difficult; those who study it have alkynes of trouble. Alkaline batteries are the focus of a video on electrochemistry, explaining how batteries work and why they are called alkaline batteries. The resource also covers half reactions, galvanic cells, voltage, reduction potential, electrolysis, and electroplating.
- Create an outline to assist students with note taking
- Requires prior knowledge of redox reactions
- Be aware that YouTube comments are open to the public and may contain derogatory language
- The 36th video in a series of 46
- Highlights equations and vocabulary
- Includes closed captioning to aid in note taking
- Great for either a flipped or traditional classroom