British electrician William Sturgeon invented the electromagnet in 1825, and it's come a long way since then! A video explains electromagnets and electromagnetic induction. It describes currents, magnetic fields, alternating currents, and generators.
- Build an electromagnet in class
- Remember the comments are open to the public on YouTube
- Video best fits as an introduction to generators or alternating currents
- Video is the 47th in a series of 49
- Includes a written script and closed captioning, which is ideal for taking notes
- A good resource for visual learners