This Elements and Electron Configuration lesson plan also includes:
It's electronic! Pupils uncover elements and their electron configurations as they explore mass, groupings, correct charges, and sliding theory. Young scientists learn creative ways to remember various elements and correctly classify them depending on physical and chemical properties.
- Have the class locate elements in nature and create a poster presentation where they provide the element, its use in nature, its symbol, and its scientific use, if this is different
- Instruct the class to create diagrams of electron models using art supplies such as string, glitter, beads, and other creative components
- Requires the periodic table and Internet access to complete
- Allows the class to be creative with projects that are part of this activity
- Contains multiple extensions and modifications for learners with different styles