Here's a video that demonstrates the elimination method of solving linear systems with two examples. One example is set up and ready for elimination and the other requires multiplying one equation.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Post the video as a homework resource or during review
- Have pupils write out the steps they would use to solve a system using elimination
- Learners should be comfortable with solving simple equations and substitution
- Explains and illustrates each step of solving a system using elimination
- Instructor speaks quickly which may make it difficult for some to follow
- Does not show an example that requires multiplying both equations