This EllipSeeIt: Visualizing Strength and Direction of Correlation lesson plan also includes:
Seeing is believing. Given several bivariate data sets, learners make scatter plots using the online SeeIt program to visualize the correlation. To get a more complete picture of the topic, they research their own data set and perform an analysis of the scatter plot.
- Use the resource as a culminating project for a unit on scatter plots and correlation
- Pupils should be able to create scatter plots
- An understanding of correlation is beneficial
- Uses a variety of different contexts for data sets
- Provides student handouts for each day's lesson