This Encoding Numbers in the Real World lesson plan also includes:
Ah, the numerous number of numbers. Individuals research different ways of encoding numbers. After conducting their initial research, they find classmates who have researched a different article and the pair share information. The instructional activity concludes with a discussion of the concepts and makes connections to the binary system previously studied.
- Create a list of different number systems as the class researches them
- Develop a list of other resources that students can use to research articles
- Some pupils will think all number systems are based on the decimal system
- The optional lesson is the eighth in a series of 19
- The lesson plan provides a list of readings that can be used for the research
- The forum allows for teachers to collaborate with others