This End of Unit Assessment and Independent Reading Review lesson plan also includes:
Reader, writer, illustrator ... scholars wear many hats! Pupils become experts in recommending books to their classmates as they write reviews of their independent reading books. Next, after finishing the second draft of their children's books, they work on their illustrations.
- Provide cardstock, markers, colored pencils, paint, and other supplies for illustrations
- Ninth of 12 lessons from the Grade 7 ELA Module 3, Unit 3 series
- Decide how students will publish their book reviews and create a model in advance
- Incorporates differentiated instruction
- Provides helpful teaching notes for easy implementation