This End of Unit Assessment: Final Draft of Hero’s Journey Narrative lesson plan also includes:
All journeys must come to an end. Using the final instructional activity in the series, pupils analyze a model narrative for use of transitional words and phrases. Next, they apply their learning to their final drafts of their hero's journey narrative.
- Allow students to use computers to type their final drafts
- Seventh and final lesson from the Grade 6 ELA Module 1, Unit 3 series
- Requires familiarity with the Rick Riordan novel, The Lightning Thief
- Includes a narrative writing rubric for teacher reference
- Offer suggestions for meeting diverse learners' needs