This Energy Conversions activity & project also includes:
What energy conversions occur in the operation of a device? Small groups investigate devices and the energy conversions that occur. The groups create energy flow diagrams with added conversion processes for each of the devices investigated. Each group then presents their findings to wrap up the activity.
- Set up more stations than number of groups and have groups rotate through the stations
- Provide at least one complex system that will provide a challenge
- Requires numerous devices that convert energy forms in order to operate
- Demonstration provides an example of what is expected
- Uses individual worksheets to determine understanding
- No example solutions are provided for the worksheet