This Energy Defined video also includes:
What is energy, and why do we need so much of it? Scholars explore the definition of energy as it relates to both conversion and consumption with a video and discussion questions. Part of an energy unit from NOVA, the resource provides a solid foundation for understanding energy sources and uses.
- Make the video your opener for a work-energy unit, then back it up with resources from The Physics Classroom
- Ask the class if they can think of other ways energy is converted that the video does not show
- Discuss kinetic and potential energy for a moment before launching the lesson
- Makes for a great start for an energy unit in both middle and high school physical science classes
- The fundamental nature of the content makes it easy to use in a variety of situations and classes