This Energy from Coal activity & project also includes:
If plastic is derived from fossil fuels and fossil fuels come from dead dinosaurs, does that mean that plastic dinosaurs are made from real dinosaurs? This lesson goes into depth about coal and other fossil fuels. First the instructor demonstrates the burning of different types of coal. Then pupils analyze a map about coal deposits and coal-fired power plants. Finally, the topic is summarized with a reading passage and short-answer questions. This is the third in a series of eight lessons.
- Research what we can learn by studying the plant remains found in coal deposits
- Create a crossword puzzle to reinforce vocabulary
- Follow all safety procedures and make sure your classroom has good ventilation
- Includes vocabulary and graphics
- Hands-on activities are not included
- Document permissions do not allow for printing