Energy of Activation
High schoolers determine the activation energy of a chemical reaction.
3 Views 6 Downloads
- Folder Types
- Activities & Projects
- Graphics & Images
- Handouts & References
- Lab Resources
- Learning Games
- Lesson Plans
- Primary Sources
- Printables & Templates
- Professional Documents
- PD Courses
- Study Guides
- Performance Tasks
- Graphic Organizers
- Writing Prompts
- Constructed Response Items
- AP Test Preps
- Lesson Planet Articles
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Home Letters
- Unknown Types
- All Resource Types
- Show All
See similar resources:
Energy of a PeanutLesson Planet
Are you nuts? An engaging experiment burns nuts to find their kilocalories. Young chemists analyze at least two different types of nuts with their experimental results versus what is on the package. The resource offers a great lab for...
9th - 12th Science CCSS: Adaptable
Energy FoundationsLesson Planet
Only 10 percent of an incandescent bulb's energy is used to create light; the remaining 90 percent is heat. In the unit of activities, young chemists examine energy through hands-on activities, videos, discussions, and readings. Scholars...
10th - 12th Science CCSS: Adaptable
Reaction MechanismsLesson Planet
Why do chemical reactions move at different rates? Chemistry scholars examine the intricate workings of reaction mechanisms with a video from the JFR Science playlist. They watch as the narrator diagrams reaction intermediates and...
9th - Higher Ed Science CCSS: Adaptable
Enzymes and Activation EnergyLesson Planet
How can you quickly demonstrate the concept of enzymes and their activity within a cell, specifically increasing the timeliness of a chemical reaction? Individuals view a short video that demonstrates this concept in graphic animation...
2 mins 9th - 12th Science
Factors Affecting Rate: Controlling the Rate of a ReactionLesson Planet
Why was neon mad at fluorine? Because it was always overreacting! Science scholars discover how scientists control chemical reactions thanks to a video from the JFR Science playlist. The example-filled resource explains why not all...
8 mins 9th - Higher Ed Science CCSS: Adaptable
Gibbs Free EnergyLesson Planet
Energy is neither created nor destroyed, but what about free energy? Where does that fit into thermodynamics? In the video, learners explore simple the spontaneous reaction examples of enthalpy, entropy, and temperature, and then apply...
13 mins 9th - 12th Science CCSS: Adaptable
Concentration and Reaction RateLesson Planet
Does concentration affect the rate of a chemical reaction? Science scholars observe and control a chemical reaction in an interactive simulation. The resource allows pupils to add atoms to the reaction vessel and monitor the reaction's...
9th - 12th Science