This Energy Skate Park activity & project also includes:
Skate through a simulation on energy with an a activity that uses a computer simulation of a skater to reinforce the concept of conservation of energy. The resource guides pupils through scenarios using the computer simulation to see the effects of gravity and friction on the gravitational potential energy and kinetic energy of the skater.
- Review the teacher-submitted lessons that feature the Energy Skate Park simulation and use them in class
- The class should have a basic understanding of computer simulations
- The simulation runs on Java
- The third installment in an eight-part series
- The worksheet asks learners to predict the graphs of energy versus time before running the simulation
- The activity provides an opportunity for the class to experiment and try to get the skater to do tricks