This Energy Storage Derby and Proposal activity & project also includes:
Small groups use the engineering design process to build and test a vehicle capable of carrying 250 grams a distance of five meters. The design must allow for the storage of potential energy and turn it into motion, allowing the individuals to demonstrate their understanding of the conversion of potential energy into kinetic energy.
- Limit the type of potential energy device pupils can use
- Invite members of the automobile industry to listen to the presentations
- Each group will need two rolls of pennies to serve as cargo
- The last installment in an eight-part series
- The resource includes the steps of the engineering design process to guide the build
- Contains a rubric to help peers assess the presentations