Offering more than just light, a lamp can serve a dual purpose as a heater. The video shows that a lamp converts electricity to light and heat energy. Although the purpose of the lamp is light, most of the energy is in the form of heat. The efficiency of the lamp is calculated to be 10 percent.
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework and using class time for questions and practice
- Encourage learners to draw the sketches as examples in their notes
- The video moves quickly; most learners should watch multiple times to grasp all the information
- The lesson follows a video describing the 10 types of energy
- Uses an example that is easily understood by learners of all ages
- Makes connections to previous lessons in the series to reinforce previous learning