This Engineer a Dam lesson plan also includes:
- Reading Passage
- Join to access all included materials
To begin the learning about dams, learners read (or are read to, depending on the age group) a passage about how dams work. Next, they work in groups to use the materials provided to build a small scale working dam. After the experience, each young engineer answers some reflection questions.
- Applicable to any age group
- Real-world engineering challenge helps make learning more relevant
- Fun and challenging cooperative learning experience
- Requires a large variety of materials