There are no tricks here! Young scholars learn about the concept of centripetal acceleration by studying the design of the snowboarding half pipe. A video lesson describes how the half pipe design affects the motion of the boarders.
8 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- Incorporate during a unit studying Newton's laws of motion
- Have pupils write down unfamiliar vocabulary while watching the video
- Expects an understanding of velocity and acceleration
- Designed for a wide variety of grade levels
- Provides a real-life connection to important science concepts