Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
To further their understanding of the basis of the conflicts between the Pocumtucks and the English settlers, class members research the religious beliefs and attitudes of the Puritan farmers that settled in Deerfield, Ma.
10 Views 2 Downloads
- If a historical re-enactor is not available, ask another teacher or drama student to portray the Puritan Englishman
- The second in an eight-lesson unit focusing on the the interactions and the conflicting religious views of the Pocumtucks and European colonists
- The lessons are designed to be used in order and establish the background for the conflicts between the Native Americans and the European settlers
- The packet includes primary and secondary sources, complete instructions for the activities, and maps
- English Daily Life In Early 18th Century Deerfield
- The English Settlers In Deerfield
- The Compact With The Charter And Laws Of The Colony Of New Plymouth
- The Basics of Puritanism
- Vocabulary List
- Original Lot Survey of Deerfield
- 1831 Plan of Deerfield
- Acts And Resolves Of The Province Of The Massachusetts Bay, Volume I (1692-1693)
- Acts And Resolves Of The Province Of The Massachusetts Bay, Volume VIII, 1703-1707