Chemistry makes it seem that everything has its place and behaves according to different laws. Not always true! Disorder and chaos can and do happen in chemistry; scientists call this disorder entropy. Learn about entropy and its importance to scientists as it helps some chemical reactions move forward and determines the useful work of some reactions.
- Discuss and explore entropy and use video to support findings
- Replicate demonstration from the video in the classroom for learners to feel the energy change
- Classroom must have a computer, Internet access, and a projection system
- Good demonstration of entropy, mixing barium hydroxide octahydrate and ammonium chloride to show entropy
- Features a lot of information in a short amount of time; some learners may struggle with these concepts