This Enzyme-Catalysed Synthesis lesson plan also includes:
Enzymes: not just for breaking chemicals apart. Young biologists perform an experiment on potatoes. They first remove starch from potato extract. They then add the resulting liquid to samples of glucose-1-phosphate, glucose, maltose, and sucrose to observe enzyme-catalyzed synthesis of starch.
- Resource suggests having different groups perform different parts of the experiment if time is a limiting factor
- Pupils should have knowledge of enzymes
- Note that among of the materials needed for the activity is a centrifuge
- Includes a student worksheet
- Lists some related experiments on enzymes