What occurs once a substrate binds to a protein? High schoolers view a short animation to witness the action of substrate binding and the resulting changes that occur in the protein. They conclude the video with a short discussion about the consequences of incomplete protein binding.
- Gather edible candies and construct a model, like the one used in the video, to represent an enzymatic protein reaction
- Have different groups in the class research protein dysfunctions and their subsequent problems; they should report these findings as a slide presentation
- Assist learners with any research or instruction as they complete activities associated with the video
- Video segment may be used as a supplement to an already existing lesson plan on enzymatic reactions and protein binding
- Allows for differentiated instruction to customize the material to meet class members' needs