This Episode 11: Externalities audio also includes:
A factory provides a much needed product to the market, but it also provides ugly pollution and waste. The 11th episode of a 21-part Economic Lowdown podcast series investigates the concept of positive and negative externalities. Historians analyze the cost, both good and bad, of purchases and products. A short podcast explains how externalities are made and what people should do to curb the negative and support the positive.
- Preview the lesson with a short online reading assignment on externalities
- Investigate a local business or store for positive and negative externalities
- Lesson is designed for grades 6-12 and beyond; base according to grade level
- Lesson provides a link to questions and answers for classroom use at Econ Lowdown
- Resource includes a podcast as well as video to differentiate instruction