This Episode 2.3: The Solution video also includes:
When times get tough, divide and conquer! The third of seven episodes in Global Problem Solver's second season shows the team working toward a solution for displaced pupils and teachers. After dividing into two teams, the Problem Solvers devise a way to create pop-up classrooms using solar energy.
- Launch a project where small groups design their own versions of the pop-up classroom generator
- Ask the class to write a proposal for the solar cell factory to persuade them to help create the generators
- Not so sure about solar energy? Provide some simple support reading to fill in the gaps
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Students see the team work through the problem and identify a solution based on available resources and consensus
- The video creates a cliffhanger that makes learners want to know what's next